START TIME: 6:40 am sharp
There will not be able to allow any late starts due to the logistics of the course and the safety of all participants.
The Canyon Bike Ride is a non-competitive event, so there will be no official times given to participants. A timing clock will be near the finish line to show elapsed time. Participants must finish the 13.3 -mile course within 1 hour while maintaining an average speed of 14.5 mph.
Participants that are unable to maintain the minimum speed will be pulled from the course.
Riders who do not reach the following cutoffs will be pulled from the course and given a shuttle ride down
CUT-OFF LOCATION - Spillway Cutoff Time: 7:05 am
Click Here for COURSE MAPAID AND WATER:
Water will be available at the event start and finish lines. There will not be any aid stations along the course, so it is recommended that you carry your own refreshments.
Representatives from the event’s medical and communication team will be stationed near the end of the race and will be available for dispatch if needed.
SAG vehicles from The Bike Shoppe will sweep the course to pick up any riders with a mechanical issue that cannot be resolved quickly on course.
- Arrive at Snowcrest Jr. High School by 6 am - please use The North Ogden Divide - due to traffic and closure of Ogden Canyon.
- The bike ride will begin at 6:40 am sharp
- We will not allow any late starts due to the logistics of the course and the safety of all participants.
- Bike Plates / Race Bibs are required. Riders without bike plates /race bibs will not be allowed on the course. Security personnel and course marshals will be located at the start and throughout the course to remove riders without bike plates (race bibs).
- Helmets are required for participation in the Bike Ride for safety reasons. Riders not wearing helmets will be asked to leave the course and will not be allowed to participate in the tour.
- Please be prepared with any spares, tools or other items that you will need.
- There will be no late starts.
- Radios, walkmans and headphones are prohibited on the course.
- No drafting.
- Use caution on descending hills. Be sure to brake lightly and hold onto your handle bars securely.
- Pass on the left side of a cyclist after yelling out, “on your left.”
- Maintain an average speed of 14.5 mph in order to finish within the 1-hour time limit. If you are not able to maintain that pace, riders will be asked to take a shuttle at the cutoff locations listed above. OPD Motorcade will be sweeping to enforce minimum speed.
- Riders will be expected to obey the laws of the road and use courtesy, caution and common sense.
- Bike Ride course marshals will enforce the minimum speed and will disqualify participants who cannot finish the course in the allotted time.
- A maximum speed of 30 mph has been established by the Ogden City Police Department.
- Road Bikes Recommended! Recumbent, mountain, tandem, electric-assist, cruiser, hand cycle and touring bikes are allowed on the course as long as you know you can complete within the time frames outlined above.
Friday - 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Altra Fun & Fitness Expo
4400 Harrison Blvd. Ogden, UT
Hyperthreads will be outside with their trailer - this is your pick up spot.The Expo is Open to the public
We recommend that you park or get dropped off at the start location. If you do park at the starting location, you will need a return ride. Shuttles will not be available.