An Assisted Push Team is comprised of a runner pushing a non-ambulatory person with a permanent physical impairment in a customized racing wheelchair. Both parties must register separately, but indicate who they will be racing with on the registration form. Assisted Push Teams will be allowed to start the race 5 minutes early (6:55 am) in the Ogden Marathon and Ogden Half Marathon.
Assisted Push Teams of more than one Assisted Push Runners are not eligible for Boston Qualification or Assisted Push Awards.
Assisted Push Teams of more than one Assisted Push Runners are allowed in the Ogden Marathon and Ogden Half Marathon and should contact email@example.com for additional registration information.
Assisted Push Team’s qualifying for the Boston Marathon:
- To qualify for Boston, both the Assisted Push runner and Assisted Push rider must be at least 18 years of age on race day.
- The Assisted Push rider must be non-ambulatory and possess a permanent physical impairment that aligns with the eligible impairment types defined by World Para Athletics.
- Assisted Push Team’s qualifying for Boston must compete together and achieved the Boston Marathon Qualifying Standard for the duo runner’s age and gender on a certified marathon course within the qualifying window.
- In the qualifying race, the duo rider must remain securely seated in the customized racing wheelchair throughout the duration of the race. No performances in which the duo rider did not remain in the racing wheelchair will be accepted.
- Both members of a Duo Team must qualify and compete together as a team.
- Duo runner or duo rider substitutions are not permitted.
- To be eligible for Assisted Push Team Awards, only the Assisted Push runner may push the Assisted Push rider in the customized racing wheelchair. No race performances in which another individual pushed the racing chair will be accepted for this awards category.
- The duo rider must be securely fastened in a customized racing wheelchair throughout the race.
- Wheelchairs with motors, hand cranks, foot pedals, or gears are not permitted.
- Only the Assisted Push runner may push the customized racing wheelchair.
- All Assisted Push Teams will start the race 5 minutes ahead of the posted start time of the Ogden Marathon and Ogden Half Marathon.
- The names of both Assisted Push team members will appear in race results.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions or for additional transportation information.