The Marathon's beautiful course starts at an elevation of 5400 ft . As you run the first half you will enjoy open roads, green fields and a beautiful gushing river. At the half way mark and start of the 1/2 Marathon you are at an elevation of 5000 ft.
You will start the final half by running around Pineview Reservoir then drop into Ogden Canyon where you will run along the roaring Ogden River. Breathtaking views of pine covered slopes changing into steep rock faces will be encountered along with quaint homes nestled along the river's edge. Exiting the canyon you run onto the Ogden River Parkway for approximately 2 miles which will take you past Dinosaur Park and the Utah State University Botanical Gardens. The course ends downtown on Historic 25th street at an elevation of 4,309 Feet.
The Marathon starts at 7 a.m. just below Red Rock Outfitters Ranch located 8 miles east of Huntsville on Highway 39 and finishes on Historic 25th Street.
AID STATIONS | COURSE SUPPORT
- Start, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15.5, 17, 18.5, 20, 21.5, 23, 24, 25
- Water and Gatorade will be provided at every aid station
- Portable Restrooms will be available at the start line and each aid station
- GU gel will be available at miles: 5, 9, 17 and 23
- Fruit will be available at miles: 7, 13, 18, 23
- Minor first aid supplies will be available at all aid stations.
BUS LOADING AND PARKING
- Bus loading for the Full Marathon is from 4:30 am - 5:00 am
- Load at 2510 Washington Blvd. in front of the Bigelow Hotel
- There is NO parking at the start line. All participants must ride the Bus to the start area.
- You will be required to show your Full Marathon race bib to board the bus
Marathon runners will need to reach the following check points:Pineview Spillway by 11:30 am (approximately mile 17.3)
Be out of Ogden Canyon by 1:00 pm (approximately mile 22.5)
Finish the race by 2 pm.
Due to safety and security, If these cutoffs are not met, you will be required to board the bus and be transported to the finish line - No Exceptions!