Q: What are my 2020 options now that the race is canceled?
A: You can defer your entry to Ogden Marathon 2021, donate your registration fee to the GOAL Foundation Youth Programming and Community Giveback (click here to learn more), or you may request a refund.
Q: How long do I have to decide what to do with my 2020 registration?
A: Please make your final decision by Wednesday, July 15
Q: How do I defer my race entry?
A: We’re so glad you’ll be joining us in 2021
- Log in to your participant account* - click here
- Your username is the email you registered with, if you have forgotten your password, click "forgot password".
- If you registered before September 15 please email email@example.com so that we can help you set up an account.
- Click on "Your Registrations" at the top
- Click on "Edit Registration" at the far right of the Ogden Marathon Event
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on "Registration Options" which is on the bottom right
- Then select what you would like to do
- Click "Save Registration" when you are done
*If you registered more than one person, you’ll need to log into each account separately, or email Abby@goalfoundation.com and she can help you out!
Q: If I choose to donate, what will my donation be used for?
A: The GOAL Foundation, producers of the Ogden Marathon, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Your donation will help fund GOAL Youth Programs including:
Q: Is my donation tax deductible?
- Helping us to provide athletic shoes to local youth
- Provide funding for the Young Runners Program
- Build our Scholarship Fund that allows us to provide youth summer camps at no cost.
A: Sure is! You may use your race registration as a charitable donation for your tax purposes. Our tax ID is 87-0673086
Q: If I choose to receive a refund, when will I receive it?
A: Refunds will begin to process on Monday, July 20. Please allow 2-4 weeks for these to process due to volume. We appreciate your patience and promise that we will process all requests as quickly as possible.
Q: If I choose to receive a refund, how will I receive it?
A: It will be refunded to the credit card you used to register with. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Can I still run the course on my own?
A: Due to the nature of our course we do not recommend it.
Q: What if I signed up for the virtual run?
A: All virtual runners have the same options of deferring to next year, donating their entry or a refund.
Q: What about the double medal challenges for 2020?
A: All of our double medal challenges have been deferred to 2021. Each of these challenges were to be completed at the 2020 Ogden Marathon, since this event was cancelled, we have extended it so that runners can earn these beautiful medals in 2021.
Q: Can I still receive my shirt and medal?
A: Due to the cancellation of the event, no shirts or medals will be given this year.
Q: When will registration open for the 2021 Ogden Marathon?
A: We are so glad you asked, registration will open on October 1st.
Q: Why was this event cancelled?
A: Believe us, no one wanted to have this event more than us! We have been planning for our 20th Anniversary Celebration for two years! We are so disappointed, but we love our running family and wanted to provide a safe environment for you to enjoy the incredible experience you’ve come to expect from the Ogden Marathon, and that just wasn’t possible this year.
Q: I want to support the Ogden Marathon. How can I do that in 2020?
A: You are just so sweet to ask, thank you!
- You can support the Ogden Marathon by donating to the GOAL Foundation, without the revenue from the race this year, we will be behind our fundraising goals for our youth and community programming. Click Here to go to our donation page.
- You can also support us by shopping! Yes, check out our retail page and get some great OM Gear, proceeds help us with operational costs and our community give backs.Click here to shop!
- Come back and run with us in 2021!
Q: I want to help celebrate in September. Where can I find more information?
A: AWESOME! We plan to celebrate all month long! Be sure to follow Ogden Marathon on Facebook and Instagram. Also, we will update our website as we get closer click here